In my dream, I just got home from somewhere and I was walking up the stairs to go to the computer room and get online to check my email.
As I was walking up the stairs, I heard Mom in the bathroom talking to someone. The door was kind of cracked open and Mom was doing her hair and it sounded like someone was taking a bath and that’s who she was talking to.
Standing at the door, I asked Mom, “Who are you talking to?”
She replied, “Umm … I’m talking to Tasha. She’s taking a bath and I’m doing my hair.”
I said, “Oh … okay.”
Granted my sister is in her early 20’s, I still didn’t think much about it. I mean, it seems like women do weird things like that … go to bath/restrooms together. I remember not too long ago, a few years back, my sister asking one of her friends to talk to her while taking a bath … so I didn’t give it a second thought.
I sat down at the computer and just got online when Mom comes in and whispers, “That’s Shéra I’m talking to in the bathroom. She asked me not to tell you that she was coming over. I’m sorry." After a short pause, she continues, "She just got in and wanted to clean up. Anyway, I just thought I should prepare you.”
I was shocked! Not at the fact that Mom was in the bathroom doing her hair and talking to Shahirah while she was taking a bath, like I said, women do weird things like that. Plus, I guess I see Mom and Shahirah as having a mother and daughter type relationship. I know that if they spent time together, Mom would totally baby her like she does just about everyone … except Mom would like it because she really likes Shahirah.
Anyway, I was shocked because I kept thinking that it was impossible for her to be here. Plus, I couldn’t believe my Mom would be more loyal to her than to me. I couldn’t believe she would keep her word to Shahirah and not give me a heads up way in advance.
I’m just sitting here at the computer totally stunned. I knew she had beaten me. She had come over, got my own Mom to side with her, and there was nothing I could do. I knew that any minute she would be coming out of that bathroom door and I’d be forced to deal with her.
Even though I was pissed and shocked … I really admired her tenacity. Like I said, I knew she bested me. She took it to a level that I never thought she would, and I really admired it.
Meanwhile, Mom is standing here waiting for me to say something. As I’m about to speak, the bathroom door opens and out walks Shahirah … at least part of the person was her.
The person that walked out of the bathroom was like some weird, but very hot and attractive hybrid of Shahirah and Shakira. It’s like the hair was Shakira, the skin tone was Shahirah, and the body was a mixture of both I think … except that the person was probably a few inches taller than either one of them.
Damn, she definitely had a smoking body!
Anyway, she walks out in these like dark brown leather cowhide pants with diamond shaped rips throughout the legs and butt … and in the rips was like some kind of black mesh material.
That’s all she was wearing!
She came out to get a shirt out of her bag by the bathroom door, but she was covering her breasts with her arms. Her skin was still wet and glistening.
She looked at Mom and me, nervously laughed and said, “I forgot my shirt.” Mom went over to help her find it.
I’m not sure who the personality was. It seemed like Shahirah, but I’m sure there were parts of how I perceive Shakira to be.
Anyway, now I’m sitting here and gawking. I can honestly say that I had forgot I wasn’t talking to Shahirah any more! I don't know, maybe the blood flow to my head was being impeded.
-lol-
That’s when I woke up.
Now, I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy the view in my dream, but the first thing I felt when I woke up was claustrophobic and panicked. I was thinking, “I wonder if she’s planning on coming over here?”
I definitely felt like I had no control.
I don’t know, I guess it’s like I realized that if she really pushed … there’s no way I could avoid her. Until now, I felt I had control of the situation. Now, I feel like if she actually wanted to force it … she’d have the control.
I have to remember to ask Mom if Shahirah has said anything about coming over here. Usually when I have a dream that leaves a feeling like this, there’s more to it than it just being a dream.
I guess I don’t put it past her to do something like that.